Project MED 2007-2013 / Philoxenia
Implementation of a common operational mechanism
for the reception of activities in mediterranean rural areas
The partners of Philoxenia project
during the kick-off meeting in Lithotopos, Greece (14/03/2009)
For three years, from April 2009 to March 2012, the project Philoxenia foresees the financial, technical and cultural support of 90 persons, 54 female and 36 male, wishing to install themselves in the target zones to create their own micro-projects and also to contribute to the vitality of these rural territories.
Weakened by demographic decline, the rural Mediterranean municipalities of the project Philoxenia are increasingly confronted with a diminution of services and commercial enterprises, or even with a loss of their identity. However, the promotion of mobility and of the information and communication technologies (ICT), the concern for a sustainable development and the search for a better quality of life in view of the urban nuisances permits these rural territories to inverse the tendency above and to find new ways of local development. The architectural, cultural and environmental heritage and the space at their disposal are indeed new factors of attractivity.
In this actual environment which is taking shape, the six project partners propose in the territories implicated the implementation of a Common Operational Mechanism of reception of activities in Mediterranean rural areas (Philoxenia).
The target zones of the project Philoxenia :
- Kerkini – Petritsi – Iraclia, Greece
- Province of Oristano, Sardinia, Italy
- Voroklini Larnaca, Cyprus
- Ptuj, Slovenia
- Malta – Gozo.
This project is inspired by the French experience of Collectif Ville Campagne.
The views expressed on this website do not express official views and statements of the European Commission or the Management Authority of the programme Med, but only the views of its creators and partners of the project.
Sixth issue – March 2012 : EN
- Fourteen new entrepreneurial testimonies from the Mediterranean countryside.
- The DVD of good practices of Philoxenia project.
- Lithotopos (Greece) : the partners of Philoxenia project on the final stretch.
- Paris (France) : participation in the fifth exposition of the « Projects in the Countryside » (Projets en campagne).
- Marseilles (France) : the partners of Philoxenia project took part in the capitalisation event.
- The continuation of Philoxenia : the project Grisi Plus.
Fifth issue – September 2011 : EN
- The tutoring services match the public offer of project Philoxenia and the private demand.
- Rome (Italy) : Philoxenia project partners joined capitalisation seminar.
- Sixteen entrepreneurial testimonies from the Mediterranean countryside.
- Voroklini (Cyprus) : the evolution of Philoxenia project in the fifth meeting of partners.
- Telephone interview with the general coordinator by the Centro Studi di Politica Internazionale, Rome.
Fourth issue – March 2011 : EN
- Malta : advancements of the project Philoxenia in the target zone.
- Ptuj (Slovenia) : great expansion of Philoxenia project activities.
- Oristano (Italy) : thirteen applications to create enterprises.
- Progress of the project in the fourth meeting of the partners.
- Thessaloniki (Greece) : participation of Philoxenia project in the MED project exhibition.
- First solid basis for a European association for welcoming.
Third issue – September 2010 : EN
- Kerkini – Petritsi – Iraclia (Greece) : first applications for installation.
- Oristano (Italy) : the latest advancement of the project Philoxenia.
- Larnaca (Cyprus) : we are ready to welcome you !
- Malta : the Bank of Valletta supporting the project Philoxenia.
- 22–23 March 2010 – Attard – Malta : third meeting of the partners of the project Philoxenia.
- 19–21 May 2010 – Lithotopos – Greece : meeting of the welcoming policy managers of the project.
- 16–18 June 2010 – Clermont-Ferrand – France : third European Summer University for the Reception of New Inhabitants.
Second issue – March 2010 : EN
- 27–28 September 2009 – Oristano : second meeting of the partners.
- The project Philoxenia becomes known !
- 2nd October 2009 – Brussels : meeting for welcoming policies in rural areas.
- City – countryside relations : how to better anticipate future migrations ?
- Creation of a European association for welcoming in rural areas in 2010.
- Article on the project Philoxenia in the Newsletter of the MED programme.
- Tribute to the project Philoxenia by the French magazine L’Esprit Village.
- The tools of the project Philoxenia are ready.
First issue – September 2009 : EN
- Kick-off meeting : what the partners of Philoxenia said to the media.
- Echoes of the project to the media.
- Interview with general coordinator.
- The Partnership Chart of the project Philoxenia.
- COM : a new mechanism for the reception of activities in Mediterranean space.
- Common Integrated Communications Strategy : the « tools » of Philoxenia for informing the public.
- Quick facts of the project Philoxenia.